- Benefits of Wyoming (4)
- Blog (11)
- Builder Stories (4)
- Events (0)
- Media (0)
- News (2)
- Team (4)
- Tips & Trends (8)
- Uncategorized (0)
Recent PostsDon't Get Overwhelmed! Choose Smart!
Introducing Mustang Ridge
10 things I learned this year
How to get started building a house
2022 Wrap-UpPosted: December, 30, 2022 | Categories: Blog | Builder Stories | News | Team | Tips & Trends
2 matching games for 2022
Game 1: By the Numbers. (Matching Game)
We've done a lot in 2022! Here are some of Smart Dwellings' accomplishments this year. Your job is to guess how many of each thing happened.
Match with the following numbers to win:
30, 25, 22, 8, 6, 5, 3, 2, 2, and "lots."
- # of Homes started
- # of Homes closed
- # of Floor plans offered
- # of Continuing Ed/training courses taken
- # of Social media platforms we are on
- # of People on our Team
- # of Counties we built in this year
- # of Offices open
- # of New Home Specialists
- # of Happy homeowners!
Need a hint? Look at the pictures.
Answers: 1-30, 2-25, 3-22ish, 4 -8+, 5-6ish, 6-5!, 7-3, 8-2, 9-2, 10 - LOTS!
If you guessed that I already had the pictures and numbers in matching order, you are super smart! Maybe you should work with us at Smart Dwellings!
GAME 2: Who said what?
(Match the fruit code name to the person)
Okay, now it's time to get competitive. There's even an actual prize for this one!!
You may have already read what I learned last year, but can you guess what my coworkers said?
The object of this game is to correctly identify WHO SAID WHAT.
Match the code names to the real names.
PEOPLE TO CHOOSE FROM ARE:
- Justin B
- and Sammi
- Details Matter-All of them!
- Pushing a broom speaks louder than a phone call
- Count!...Then count again!
- Just because it says something on paper doesn’t mean that it is always right.
- Communication is hard-make it so clear, and straightforward forward it feels redundant.
- It’s okay to ask questions- It is impossible to know everything right away, all the time.
- Variances will kill you quicker than you think.
- Fix it when you find it- it doesn’t matter who did it, just fix it.
- Be creative! Extra trusses have more than one use!
- Justin Lemon doesn’t make decisions on food- he makes decisions elsewhere.
- There are always opportunities to gain more knowledge.
- Ask clarifying questions.
- Mistakes are made so we can grow and make better mistakes next time.
- Managers are my friends.
- I do not need to know it all, I just need to know my responsibilities.
- Listening is key to vendors and coworkers to create good relationships.
- Design center snacks are the best snacks.
- Building homes is a truly magical experience.
- It’s important to separate work-life and home-life, balance.
- It’s important to know your strengths and weaknesses.
- There is always something good you can find if you look for it.
- Nothing is ever as simple as you think it is.
- Pictures really are worth 1000 words renderings are invaluable.
- Take what you think you can do and cut it in half, that is what you can actually do.
- The truth is always somewhere in between your perspective and the other person’s perspective.
- The things you dread the most will often lead to the biggest returns.
- Life rarely goes as planned.
- There is always something new that you can learn.
- Embrace the Suck.
- It is ok to have bad days.
- Custom MySQL Report Writing
- Financial Report Writing
- It’s important to tell people how their actions affect you
- Competency-based Behavioral Interviewing method.
- When it comes to interest rates, there’s no way to cut costs. Someone always has to pay
- Trust your gut when you first meet a potential employee/vendor/business partner. If something seems off, believe that feeling
- “We decide the energy we bring to the table. It’s ok to acknowledge the obstacles but you should spend most of your energy considering the opportunities .” Burt Jacobs, Life is Good
- Basic Cyber-security techniques and practices
- “Customer Care isn’t a program or an initiative. It’s a culture and mindset” Bob Mirman
- Communication styles – Be aware of what your style is and why the style of others on your team is to make sure you communicate in the right way. The right thing, communicated in the wrong medium or in the wrong style can come across wrong.
- Self-care and rest are productive and essential to a person’s well-being.
- Not everything has to be reinvented, save yourself time and energy and utilize the work of others.
- Done is better than perfect.
- Most things are more complicated than they seem, but some are not (so don’t complicate those ones).
- Hard conversations always go better in person.
- Success doesn’t happen overnight. It requires patience, time, and persistence.
- Any failure can be considered a success if you learn from it.
- We underestimate our resilience and can do hard things!
- Being a leader is superior to being a boss.
- Evanston needs some new restaurant options.
- Fix it when you find it
- Sales is the final decision maker
- That there are so many pieces that go into building a home
- What a great business to work for is
- That it is ok to not be sure about something
- The sub-contractors always know more than I do
- That attention to detail is just as important if not more important than the big picture
- Sometimes you just need to slow down
- You don't always have to call for everything
- That nothing ever goes exactly as planned
- Patience is a daily requirement.
- No matter how much you know about a particular subject there is always more to learn.
- Never overestimate or assume. Always confirm instead.
- Compromise is sometimes required to get things accomplished.
- Embrace change, It is the only constant.
- Not all tools are used by hand.
- Plans of any kind should be used as a guide or reference. Not a guaranteed schedule!
- Adapting to a newer market
- Time Management
- How to communicate better to team members and customers.
- Negotiation skills
- How to better use all the technology applications and use them daily to better track tasks and to-do’s
- Make the most of the time in meetings, and make sure I am using the time wisely.
- How to solidify deals quicker and more efficiently to match our process.
- How to pre-sale a community
- Lending processes and different loan types
- Construction processes, and how to explain the different steps of construction, and warranty issues.
Do you know us well enough to know our fruit avatars??
Check your answers here: Dylan is our avocado, Whitney the grapefruit, Kylie is the watermelon, Justin Lemon is the Orange, Nathaniel the true Lemon, Sammi a pomegranate, Justin B the canteloupe, and finally, the persimmon is none other than Will.
And that's a wrap! How did you do?? Email me if you think you got them all right!!
Tags: Advertising | Marketing To Millennials | New Home Advertising | video | Video Ads
Author: Beth Lemon